[Mageia-dev] Packages not rebuilt since Mageia 1

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 13:15:05 CET 2013

eatdirt <dirteat at ...> writes:
> On 26/03/13 15:24, Pascal Terjan wrote:
> > There are 26 packages.
> >
> > atlas
>
> I think, and unless someone complains, this one should be dropped. Atlas
> is supposed to provice fast routines already provided by blas and lapack

Interesting, thanks for this.  libatlas3-sse3 had been pulled in on my system
by python-numpy, but liblapack3 provides the same library and can be installed
in place of libatlas3-sse3.  I don't know why libatlas3-sse3 was chosen ahead
of liblapack3 in the first place.  What should we do about systems that already
have libatlas3-sse3 installed?