[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: libmtp

Damien Lallement mageia at damsweb.net
Fri Mar 29 17:19:41 CET 2013

Please submit libmtp 1.1.6 (1.1.5 for now):
A bug fix and improvements release.

Changes from 1.1.5 to 1.1.6:

- Soname libmtp.so.9.1.0 - binary compatible, new interfaces
   have been added.

- Devices, devices, devices... I think I had a hundred (no kidding)
   reports for the Nexus 4. It seems hackers just love this device
   and cannot wait for me to spin a new libmtp.

- More careful autoprobing code for Linux, running around in
   sysfs to try to avoid opening non-MTP devices. The libusb devs
   do not uniformly like this idea but what shall I do? People
   still want their devices to autodetect. Any hints welcome,
   any patches will be reviewed.

- Interface extenstions from Philip Langdale to support the
   Android in-place read/write extensions. This will be used by
   GVFS for editing files etc, it is actually very useful when
   treating the MTP device as a "real" filesystem. It only works
   on Android devices with Google's MTP stack, but hey, that is
   a fair share of the MTP devices used today.

- Several fixes and memory leaks fixed by Lei Zhang courtesy if
   the Chromebook project, thanks Google!

- Did you know that Microsoft silently dropped the MTPZ extension
   from Windows Phone 8? Now you know. Newer Windows Phone
   devices are reported to work out-of-the-box with libmtp.

Thanks!
--
Damien Lallement
twitter: damsweb - IRC: damsweb/coincoin