[Mageia-discuss] GUI tools

Lawrence A Fossi darkfoss at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 20:49:14 CEST 2010

I want to be clear I wasn't suggesting replacing urpmi..more of a concern that one or more of the dev's onboard can maintain/improve on it over time. :) and was offing a possible alternative if not.
Once Mageia is rolling along I'd like to see some enhancements for the gui in the mcc like Smart offers.. downgrading, locking packages, the ability
to see the other packages(even if older) not just the current and possible upgrade. I know you can hunt down the urpmi skip list and edit it manually
or downgrade through the cli but neither is beginner friendly.. Also the information in easy to read tabs you can see the full dependencies, what if replaces what it needs.. Again that info is retrievable from the cli...gui not so much.