[Mageia-discuss] Website software

Filipe Saraiva filip.saraiva at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 22:55:29 CEST 2010

My suggestion is made that a technical study of tools and a decision
consensus among those who will be responsible for installation and service
maintenance.

For example, the technical report of infrastructure for KDE using git is a
very good job done by the team of sysadmins. It's technical and exposes why
that decision was made.

Follow the link for those interested - can to be very useful as an example
to be followed.

It's a ODT archive:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-scm-interest&m=127612957219466&q=p3

Cheers,

2010/9/19 Lirodon <superfox436 at gmail.com>

> Okay, here's some of my comparisons in my opinion:
>
> WordPress
> -Good at content
> -Primarily intended for blogging, but can be used as a general purpose CMS
> too.
> -Rather popular
> -Open source
> -Good functionality without addons
> -Easy to use administration interface
> -Some advanced functions depend on theme coding
>
> Drupal
> -Good at organizing content and communities
> -Has no clear intended use.
> -Rather popular
> -Open source
> -Requires a large number of modules to be useful.
> -A little harder to administrate, but rather powerful.
>
> TextPattern
> -Very light, yet rather powerful
> -Primarily intended for blogging, but can be used as a general purpose CMS
> too.
> -Nice article system
> -Open source
> -Admin UI is a little plain and takes some getting used to, but it works
> nicely.
>
> Joomla
> -Rather popular
> -Open source
> -Complete junk in my mind. Avoid at all costs.
>
> Shawn
>

> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Filipe Saraiva <filip.saraiva at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Guys and girls, just decided, and who want to help do your part. Will
>> certainly have people who prefer Wordpress or Drupal, but is not going to
>> discuss it forever. List the advantages and disadvantages of each and
>> picks the one that best meets our needs.
>>
>> 2010/9/19 Lirodon <superfox436 at gmail.com>
>>
>>>  Okay, after I melted my brain with an argument over self-made CMS's on
>>> the IRC channel, I thought I'd bring up this topic in a well, more
>>> "intelligent" manner. Do we have any opinions on what we should be using for
>>> the CMS on the Mageia site? WordPress is pretty popular, Drupal is good for
>>> making communities, Joomla is junk (to me anyway), and TextPattern is rather
>>> light. So, can we throw out any intelligent thoughts on this manner?
>>>
>>> Shawn

>> --
>> Filipe Saraiva
>> Meu blog: http://www.liberdadenafronteira.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Associação Piauiense de Software Livre
>> Projeto Software Livre - Piauí - PSL-PI
>>
>> “Você deve ser a mudança que deseja ver no mundo.” - Gandhi

Filipe Saraiva