[Mageia-discuss] mandrivausers.org

Paul Willard paul at mcrides.co.nz
Sun Sep 19 07:24:09 CEST 2010

I do not represent Mageia in anyway. :)
I completely, and unequivocally represent mandrivausers.org board (MUB)
(I'm the owner, administrator, founder, etc)

Agreed, whether a community forum is required or not should be discussed
here (the mailing list) and decided here, by either a) those who do
represent Mageia, or b) the entire community.

Having said that, I'm happy people like Herman are evangelists of
mandrivausers :)

The community forum discussion thus far is this:
I was given direction by a user (tux99) that I should register the name
mageiausers.org (which I have)
I then spent a few hours in the IRC channel, and openly offered my support
of the project.
The people I spoke to in the channel were overwhelmed with work (surprise
surprise :) ) so thanked me for my offer, and suggested we could talk more
in a day or two.

I (as I'm an action based person) have since started discussions on
mandrivausers about what this means to our community, with all the response
thus far being positive; all users suggest offering our unfettered support
is good for both the MUB community, and the developing Mageia Users
community (MUC ?? :) )

I'd be over the moon if I could help, as would all the MUB people.
I've got stacks and stacks of infrastructure thanks to osuosl.org (Oregon
State), which has diminished into nothingness over the last 2 years as
Mandriva Support has died out.

Thanks Herman, I'll buy you a beer for your enthusiasm if we ever meet :)

Paul Willard.
A.K.A. TerminalAddict