[Mageia-discuss] Good move

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 14:23:52 CEST 2010

Op zondag 19 september 2010 14:03:19 schreef André Salaün:
> Le Sun, 19 Sep 2010 14:28:15 +0300
>
> Harijs Buss <harijs at gmail.com> a écrit:
> > Hi there! :)
> >
> > It might be good to invite Gaël Duval, creator of Mandrake Linux, to
> > Mageia board. At least as a principial gesture showing difference
> > betwen MandrakeSoft attitude and Mageia.
> >
> > Just to remember history, few links:
> >
> > http://www.tgdaily.com/business-and-law-features/25171-mandriva-linux-fir
> > es-its-founder Mandriva Linux fires its founder
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gael_Duval
> > Gaël Duval
> >
> > Harijs (AKA hbush)
> > Mandrake/Mandriva user since v.5
>
> Good idea !
> I had  too but  I did not dare.

Personally i would not like to ask someone to be at the board, if they don't
put a candicy forward for themselves.

I would however like alot more community input in some form or other, maybe
voting, or voting of board members with diff agenda's or something. like a poll
where you can choose more than one option.

eg: if all board members have slightly diff opinions about lesser important
stuff, and that would be public info before voting (more than one person
allowed to vote for), then you would have a clear picture of which of the
lesser important stuff is more important.

or, no need to make this complex, from time to time a multiple poll about some
stuff, so that we all transparently know where we stand as a community.

just some ideas.