[Mageia-discuss] Good move

Jesús García jesgar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 14:32:01 CEST 2010

Hi there!

I have been user of Mandriva since 9.1 and before user of SuSe (the original
German) and RedHat (I began on Linux with 5.0). I'm not tech-savyy so I like
Mandriva because of its common people orientation.

So I'm thinking if it's good to build an entire distribution from scratch.
Would not be better to take one distro such as Fedora and then add what we
can call "the common people layer" (DrakTools, Flash, Java, codecs, some
software ...)? So the base system build (kernel, modules, patches, libs,
dependencies ...) can be avoided and resources could be heading to the added
value to the common people, the same added value that made Mandriva a great
distro!

I'm on economics and not on computer science so I can not help with this,
but if some kind of advice is needed on financial, perfomance or social
responsability reporting I could help :-)

All the best,
Jesús