[Mageia-discuss] mandrivausers.org

P. Christeas p_christ at hol.gr
Sun Sep 19 16:41:43 CEST 2010

On Sunday 19 September 2010, Jerome Quelin wrote:
> no. mageia is a mandriva fork, and there's no plan to re-unite the
> forks. there will be 2 separated distributions, each with their own
> goals & achievements.
> it's a fork: the base will be mandriva. but once mageia's infrastructure
> is in place, we'll start updating packages & the distribution as a whole
> - this means that codebase will diverge more & more with time.

Not really, IMHO. Nothing stops Mandriva company from using Mageia packages,
nor Mageia project from using Mandriva work at any time in the future. WDYT?
Similarly, nothing prevents Mageia from sharing code and resources with the
rest of Linux community, distros etc.

If so, I would  rephrase that statement:
Mageia has forked the Mandriva company, where the distro had been developed so
far. This means that the Mageia project is and will forever be an autonomous
project, not depending on the Mandriva company. Mageia is free, community
based.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!