[Mageia-discuss] Artwork - Mageia Logo contest

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Sun Sep 19 16:56:15 CEST 2010

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Diego Bello wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Daniel Le Berre <le.berred at free.fr> wrote:

> >> ++
> >>
> >> (hope Mandriva company doesn't mind about the star)
> >>

> > I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw that logo.
> >
> > Maybe the star should be replaced by something related to "community".
> >
> > Daniel
>

> I can't imagine a figure for community, but what about a moon, or half
> moon instead of a star?

I don't think we have to avoid stars, just one star that looks like the
one Mandriva uses. Nobody can have a monopoly on stars in every colour
and shape.

This is my idea for a logo (it's just a rough draft):
http://www.linuxtech.net/files/mageia-logo-draft1.jpg
http://www.linuxtech.net/files/mageia-logo-draft1.svg