[Mageia-discuss] Important stuff?

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 00:36:20 CEST 2010

Hello
On dimanche 19 septembre 2010 at 22:47, hermit wrote :
> A new distro trying to get off the ground and way too many of these
> posts are on 'artwork'.  There will come a time when I'm sure there will
> be a contest for the community at large to get involved, in the meantime
> you risk running off folks like myself that just can't be bothered with
> the volume of emails about stuff that is of low importance right now.

I think the the branding of the distribution is quite important (and I
believe the founder of the fork did think so, as they had the name well
though out before actually announcing it).
This list is for general discussions, if you prefer to avoid those "lesser
importance" discussion I believe that's what the dev list is about.

I really think we should no refrain the enthusiasms of everybody, and the
logo contest allow all the people who don't have the same technical skills
to actually be part of the very birth of this new distribution.

That, of course, was only my own opinion, and I hope you won't be
discouraged by all the effervescence on the list. This is all very positive,
really :-)

Cheers
--
Renaud Michel