[Mageia-discuss] origin of the name "mageia"?

herman herman at aeronetworks.ca
Mon Sep 20 19:43:56 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 10:26 -0700, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> Now we have read it from 4 different people:
> While 2 just explained it, one gave the link to wikipedia and one
> cited wikipedia.
>
> It must be true! :)

Yup, true alright.

These magic ideas come from Homer's Illead and Odyssey books. The first
Greek magician was Circe (which today lives on in the word circle,
church, kirche, kerk, kirk) and the origin of the magic wand is the
Greek goddess Athene, who waved her wand when she did things for her son
Odysseus.

Cheers,

Herman