[Mageia-discuss] A little attention please

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 22:15:44 CEST 2010

On 20 September 2010 15:57, Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net> wrote:
> Le 20/09/2010 14:05, isadora a écrit :
>> Thanks Michael,
>>
>> Understanding for your explanation.
>> But there is one issue which brought up a question.
>> You are writing "launch of the Mageia project since the start some
>> months ago".
>> Am i misunderstanding, or did i think the plans just were born some
>> days (weeks at the most) ago?
>>
>> isadora
> Hi,
>
> I think many people may have started to dream of such a fork monthes ago
> and among Edge-IT people in particular. The predictable dead of the
> company supporting the distribution you work on can be very inviting to
> such dreams.
>
> I guess people started to speak about the possibility of a fork long ago
> without having real plans.
>
> As i can see no real website, no build system, no bugzilla, no forum i
> guess that the plans were indeed born some days ago even if Michael and
> probably a few others got used to dream and speak about it longer before :)
>
> Maât

Talk publicly about their plans and see them go to waste as would
happen with any project that's announced prematurely?

Ones thinks, plans, decides, then go public, in that order... I don't
think it works any other way. :)

(something similar happened when Mandriva Linux was first kickstarted
by its founders, you think they had a forum/wiki/bugzilla from day 1?
I don't..).

Ahmad Samir