[Mageia-discuss] UK user community?

John Bowden led43john at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 03:37:08 CEST 2010

On 20 September 2010 15:15, SinnerBOFH <sinnerbofh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2010, at 7:07 AM, Thomas Lottmann <skiperdrake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Le 20/09/2010 12:53, atilla ontas a écrit :
> >> Also local communities can package software just for their needs and
> >> won't placed in official repos. Like we providing Zekr (Quran study
> >> tool) and zemberek (Turkish spell-checking tool) on Mandriva Turkiye
> >> repository (MVT)
> >
> > Just a not : I am against this form of packaging only for a group of
> people. Anywhere in the world someone who wants to study a language, turkish
> for xample, may need it. Currently we need to focus all our efforts in
> Mageias official repositories and avoid as much as possible having too many
> different repositories. Programs are usually not territory dependant.
> >
> > That's out of subject anyway, but I wanted to tell clearly my opinion on
> this. Remember : Mageia takes back the same spirit of easy to use and
> simplicity that comes form Mandriva and Mandrake. Fiddling with many extra
> repositories is then what we do not want to hear about. This would even
> force people to be members or to visit the website to add the repo and then
> access te program they were looking for. So, that's just no to me.
>
> +1
>
> The easiest it is for the user, the better.
>
> Now with globalization, you can find anywhere on the world someone from
> anywhere of the world.
>
> As an ex-pat I know what I'm talking about.
>
> Salut,
> Sinner

 Just a quick heads up. There is a Mageia-uk irc channel.
i don't think having lots of country specific repos is a good idea, lets
have all the packages available to every one, if they have a clear
description about them then people can make up there own mind whether to
install say a french tv guide on an english located pc, as long as we can
get enough people translating.