[Mageia-discuss] origin of the name "mageia"?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 05:14:20 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 Olivier Thauvin <nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org>:
> * Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI (renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org) wrote:
>> On Monday 20 September 2010, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>>  from Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> who wrote:
>>
>> > My own opinion is that the issue that lead to the creation of PLF would
>> > still apply.
>>
>> One thing we should try if possible is to have is support in Easy Urpmi
>> ( http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ ) as it is a great help when setting up a system.
>
> Must be seen with easyurpmi team. Easyurpmi is an independant project.

Once Mageia has a repo I am sure we can integrate that in smarturpmi:
http://smarturpmi.mandrivauser.de (maybe then smarturpmi.mageia.de)

For those who don't know it: Smarturpmi is a web application which
caters to the same needs as EasyUrpmi, with the advantage that each
mirror displays the timestamp of latest sync and availability of all
mirrors is checked 3 times a day. It's available in 15 languages (even
including English!) and a GPL app, currently running on our webserver
but available for everybody to install it on his webserver.

wobo