[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 15:50:41 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

just to spec. a little things.

It's amazing to see all this help coming in. :-) As it's starting to
bubble a bit, I would like we share the discussion about forums and
hosting them, for the setup.

We see two options at this time:
 1. hosting forums at forum.mageia.org (or st like that) and
delegating management, animation;
 2. delegating forums per locale/country/whatever and having
forum.mageia.org redirect to each.

For the record, a mix of these two approaches happened at Mandriva;
English and French main ones were hosted by the company and there were
others delegated for each languages; that didn't prevent
mandrivausers.org to exist, by the way. And, anyway, situation is a
bit different here.

Anyway, we will shortly (by this evening) open a temporary wiki space
to start, for people to register where they want/can help, so we can
focus groups. I suggest you all list your hosting along the locale,
with your expected capacity to moderate/animate and we will then
discuss how we do it.

Note that, if we need to decide to have one official forum per locale
because it's difficult to come to a mutual agreement, we will do it,
of course. :-p

Cheers,

Romain