[Mageia-discuss] Re : Mageia-discuss Digest, Vol 1, Issue 58

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 15:57:27 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 Sinner from the Prairy <sinnerbofh at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Gustavo Ariel Giampaoli
> <giampaoli.gustavo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Don't know why, but the thread is splitted. It should be "New name for
>> cooker". Now, there're two threads for the same:
>>
>> * New name for cooker
>> * Mageia-discuss Digest, Vol 1, Issue 58
>>
>> Please, keep writing in the original: "New name for cooker".
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> tavillo1980
>

> tavillo1980,
>
> This is because someone is receiving mailing list in "digest" chunks
> once a day, instead of all emails as they arrive. And they answered
> that digest. Nobody is trying to fork the thread,
>
> It is a "feature" of mailing lists.

Yes, but it is a not a feature using digests and answering with a one
liner, citing the complete thread underneath! While top posting seems
to be a much used no-no in the lists anyway, as you may have noticed
as well :(
Especially in such crowded lists and threads we should use the proper
way with mails, I may say (no top posting, no citing other than what
you referring to, etc.). But I remember someone else writing that
already in this list at the beginning...

wobo.