[Mageia-discuss] An introduction from a Marketing guy

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Tue Sep 21 16:06:36 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-21 09:36, Graham Lauder a écrit :
> This is by way of an introduction and putting my hand up
> I've been the MarCon (Marketing Contact) for New Zealand for OOo since about
> 2005 and been around the OOo project since the early days.
>
> My original introduction to Linux was Mandrake 8.0 but became a little
> disenchanted with it around the 10.1 period and I moved to SuSE, however I've
> always been a fan of many of the features that made it unique.
>
> I have long wished for a true community driven, Desktop  RPM distribution that
> is Simple End-User friendly.  MCC set Mandrake/Mandriva apart for
> unsophisticated users and I think that forking at this point is great.
>
> Obviously my strength is in marketing and training and I'd like to get a
> Mageia  marketing project of the ground right now, gather together some like
> minded marketing enthusiasts and take Mageia to a world of new users.
>
> A marketing project would be useful to the project at this juncture to create
> branding, formulate a strategic market plan, source graphic art and build
> community.
>
> If there is general agreement with this proposal, I would then like to request
> a marketing ML so we can keep the prattling about strategies and branding and
> logos and all that stuff off the devs list. I have server space available to
> set up a marketing Wiki and Art repository and for Docs as well if required.
>
> Cheers
> GL

Hi Graham:

You should also join the developper's discussion list on gmane.

mageia-dev:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.mageia.devel
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.mageia.devel

mageia-discuss:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.mageia.user
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.mageia.user

Here is a quote from Romain d'Alverny who left this message on that list
re: when will job assignations be set.

-----------------

We're setting up a temp wiki to start listing people roles, a blog, a
basic website and discussing for basic hosting services. We expect to
post an update by this evening about all this + the org. statutes and
registration and the following steps. Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Romain

People should take direction from this.

Cheers