[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Tue Sep 21 16:22:23 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-21 10:08, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2010/9/21 Romain d'Alverny<rdalverny at gmail.com>:
>>
>> We see two options at this time:
>>   1. hosting forums at forum.mageia.org (or st like that) and
>> delegating management, animation;
>>   2. delegating forums per locale/country/whatever and having
>> forum.mageia.org redirect to each.
>>
>> For the record, a mix of these two approaches happened at Mandriva;
>> English and French main ones were hosted by the company and there were
>> others delegated for each languages;
>
> I'd go for this one, The english forum.mageia.org being the reference
> / main place internationally and also for all anglophone people.
>
> Localized forums either underneath forum.mageia.org or (via redirect)
> on their local websites, thus using already existing communities like
> BlogDrake, MandrivaUser.de (which will change to mageia.de), and
> others.
>
> The goal should be to give everybody a central place "mageia.org" from
> where he can go to "his" language but also stay at the central place,
> This can also apply for wiki and other documentation, news, etc. as
> long as the main contents is the same in all languages (plus local
> news, etc.)
>
> We should try to avoid having 2 different addresses for the same
> language because this will lead to confusion.

I would second Wolfgang's suggestion too and add that some kind of close
relationship be established with the localized forums so that any
threads that may prove important to a localized group be passed on to
the main english forum. This would ensure a reporting structure that
would reflect the needs and wishes of all Mageia users.

Maybe this could be accomplished this way:

-- monthly report of localized thread headlines (translated to English)
could be posted on the main forum for Mageia infrastructure people to
read and comment.

Marc