[Mageia-discuss] Re : Mageia-discuss Digest, Vol 1, Issue 58

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Tue Sep 21 16:31:33 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-21 10:15, Sinner from the Prairy a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Marc Paré<marc at marcpare.com>  wrote:
>> As with most mailing lists/discussion groups, the message re: bottom/top
>> posting and citing only what is being answered and not all the message,
>> should be repeated on a regular basis to users. There is a constant flux of
>> people appearing on the list and some are new to this process. Some users
>> are not first-language English speakers as well and may have a problem
>> interpreting these directions.
>>
>> Marc
>
> What about a "Welcome" message with some Netiquette rules?
>
> Salut,
> Sinner

This is a must for any mailist/discussion group. This will establish the
Mageia convention in its use of mailist/discussion behaviour. It would
also be a good reference point for new users.

However, I track 20-30 mailist for one of my websites, and ALL of these
list constantly bemoan the fact that people tend to "break" the rules.
It is just human nature at work. The rules just need to be repeated
every so often to put the discussion partners back on track. It is just
to be expected.

Marc