[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Tue Sep 21 18:55:13 CEST 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, vfmBOFH wrote:

> I did not say that representatives are decison makers. As its position
> indicates, they "represent" their respective communities. Their vote (or
> decision) *must* be their communities one.

There is no need for representative democracy on the Internet, arranging
local poll in each community and then a global one where the community
reps vote takes more time and effort than a single global poll.

All that's needed is direct links to the global poll from the local
community web sites so everyone can partecipate.

> The "central hub" should be seen as a "parliament", where users (who have
> previously elected their representatives) are represented.

Completely disagree. And what about those Mageia users that don't have a
local community or that prefer spending their time on the global forum
rather than in local forums?

Again there is zero need for a representative democracy on the Internet.
It only distorts the true wishes of the users and potentially creates
local ego-power-positions that only cause controversy and in-fights.