[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 19:15:31 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 18:59, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
>
>> What we're likeling heading to is (we'll be more specific in the coming days):
>>  - a board, about 12 people (counting, renewed by third every year at
>> least (what third? still to be decided, or what to do if more than
>> that resigns)
>>  - board is elected by active members at a yearly general assembly (at
>> FOSDEM ? other ? not decided),
>>  - active members are co-opted by existing active members,
>>  - this board will decide/manage all aspect of the project/org and
>> each member will delegate to teams (that will be set up after the list
>> provided in a coming wiki) as well as report.
>>  - note that doesn't mean board will not listen to the community - not
>> quite the goal and this flow of information and collaboration, as Marc
>> notices, will work for everyone committing to it. Goodwill and trust
>> are key.
>
> Sounds good but voting should be open to everyone who is an active
> member/contributor of Mageia not just people who attend some physical
> meeting as that wil mean just a tiny clique vill vote and be voted.

Of course (btw being an active member and being remote is of course possible).

We're checking if we can define a framework for online votes, but,
anyway, we will need to have physical meetings from time to time (and
international gathering of FLOSS developers is a good point).
Delegating voting power will be possible too.

Anyway, that's were I highlight that "listening" is crux. As you say,
we've to find a way that empowers this, but it won't replace goodwill.

Romain