[Mageia-discuss] [Cooker] Re: Transparency & open invitation to a united foundation..? [Was: forking mandriva]

Jostein Hauge post at jhauge.net
Tue Sep 21 20:46:12 CEST 2010

Tysdag 21. september 2010 19.30.31 skreiv nicolas vigier:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> > > I still think that we must do it. In such a foundation, Mandriva (the
> > > company) would be a voice among others.
> >
> > Well...
> >
> > >From my point of view (which I may share or not with many people from
> >
> > the pre-board team who can confirm/contradict me here):
> >  1. I don't trust Mandriva existing and coming management, neither
> >
> > investors. Years spent over there as an employee, seeing things from
> > the inside taught me that this company is, sadly, structurally broken,
> > from the very top (investors) down to management and its practices -
> > and for quite some time. Fixing it is an option, although very costly
> > and requiring exceptionnal skills and commitment from management; I
> > don't see this over there at this time.
> >
> >  2. Mandriva plans are non-existent at this time to me (yesterday's
> >
> > blog post is empty to me).
>
> I completly agree with this.
>
> I don't want to have anything to do with current Mandriva management
> anymore, I've lost any trust in them.
>
> Nicolas

Please don't hold the Mandriva community hostage because of personal bad
feelings you might have about the Mandriva company.

If Laprévote invites to collaboration to make a foundation, then this should
be looked into regardless of your personal feelings. I think most of us would
love a solution like Fedora-Redhat.

The name Mageia and the foundation might be kept. But what good does it make
to have a new Cooker, new build system or bugzilla? If collaboration between
Mandriva and Mageia is possible, then please collaborate.

When someone reach out a hand, don't turn your back on it. Instead you could
indicate what you think would be needed in order to make collaboration
possible. Just saying 'no I wont collaborate at all' makes this look more like
a vendetta than a constructive initiative.

Maybe this was a bit too harsh, but I guess you get the point :)

- Jostein Hauge (jess)