[Mageia-discuss] [Cooker] Re: Transparency & open invitation to a united foundation..? [Was: forking mandriva]

Colin Guthrie cguthrie at mandriva.org
Tue Sep 21 20:02:58 CEST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Romain d'Alverny at 21/09/10 17:35 did gyre and gimble:
> I just won't welcome a Mandriva person into the first board at least.

> Then, after some time, if Mandriva plans and behaviour confirm
> themselves, consolid and seem to match our roadmap and values, sure,
> we will welcome collaborators and share the fun - that's what
> collaboration is about.

I think this is a very reasonable stance to take. We need a clean break
just now, but after a year, if Mandriva management has proved that it
can participate in a true community-led project, then some form of
participation in the board is an option to consider at that time.

Like you said, trust is earned, not implied and I think this is a very
reasonable way to deal with the issue over the next year.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
cguthrie(at)mandriva.org