[Mageia-discuss] New name for cooker

Lombard Marianne jehane at tuxette.fr
Tue Sep 21 10:16:50 CEST 2010

Le 21/09/2010 09:41, Olivier Thauvin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am in charge of finding the replacement name for "cooker", eg the
> development version of Mageia.
>
> Like the for the distribution, the name have to be short, must not be an
> insult any of 6000 know languages in the universe and must not refer to
> another distribution to avoid mistake.
>
> First idea: cauldron, I'd like to be able to say "oh yes, put the
> python egg into the cauldron" ;)
>
> Second idea: mathetria, mean a disciple (female), not sure the word will
> please to anyone.

/put is her feminist cloak
And why female must the disciple ?
/end of feminist time
> Your ideas are welcome.
>
> I'll see according results how to choose one.
>
> Regards.

More seriously the cauldron idea is good. I love it.
But there is only one point : sourcemage, a linux-distro, is already
using the name for the build-iso system if I've read the site properly
http://www.sourcemage.org/Cauldron/Main

I think it wouldn't be a problem. We are all magician of linux

My 2 cents

Jehane

--
Marianne (Jehane) Lombard
Mandriva User  Inside every fat girl, there is a thin girl waiting to