[Mageia-discuss] Thank you - Merci - Danke - Gracias - Grazie - Obrigado - спасибо

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 22 23:28:08 CEST 2010

2010/9/22 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>:

> No worry there, there are already speculators who have gobbled up the
> "Mageia" domain permutations that they think will stick, hoping that the
> Mageia project will bring great success. This, hoping to cash out later on.
> I even sent a note out to Anne on Sunday night letting her know that the
> sites were being bought out at a feverish pace.

One of the first questions I asked when I heard about the plan was:
what will be the name so I can grab the domain before any greedy
speculator gets his paws on everything that sounds like it?".
I registered mageia.de. It is up to the board what will become of it.
It does not cost me any money and I can use it either as webpage for
german informations on Mageia or let it stay a simple redirect to
mageia.org or place a list of links to various Mageia pages as a sort
of bookmark page for the mageia user.
And I can always give it to the project if needed.

So at the moment I do not see any problems because this page does not
cost the project any money, it does not need any attention by the net
admins.