[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 01:36:27 CEST 2010

Op donderdag 23 september 2010 00:03:44 schreef Marc Paré:
> Le 2010-09-22 17:36, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> > 2010/9/22 Morgan Leijström<fri at tribun.eu>:
> >> Then that user might learn enough to write a good issue report, or
> >> someone else in that thread could offer to help.
> >
> > Yes, that was always an option. Was it used and did it work? Yes, in
> > some cases.
> > If this system would be more advertized and used then I think it would
> > improve the situation.
> >
> > We could have "bug friends" who an unexperienced user could turn to for
> > help. _______________________________________________
> > Mageia-discuss mailing list
> > Mageia-discuss at mageia.org
>
> I like the idea of "bug friends". Great idea!
>
> Marc

As a dev, i would not be opposed to a person who gives some kind of structured
info about some priority bugs (eg: to a dev mailing list), or possibly via
IRC. (not too often, and mostly about 'forgotten' bugs; or sometimes help with
testing...)

In real life, mostly this kind of thing happens when a prominent forum member
or a forum leader or a user mailing list prominent member gives a priority
case a "better explanation" of what is going on, sometimes giving small hints
on IRC. (I guess they could be 'bug friends' in that sense)

I might have forgotten triage people, sorry, triage people are important for
the devs and i'm pretty sure they're underappreciated; they too help the
bridge and sometimes are on forums, and urge users to submit a bug report. In
that sense often they are 'bug friends' too.

I don't know if it's required for this kind of bug friends to be official; i
might be inclined to believe they would rather prefer anonymous or even
officious. Also, I'm not even sure who would even want this job...