[Mageia-discuss] On the icons, desktop themes and related stuff

Reinout van Schouwen reinout at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 17:59:13 CEST 2010

Op vrijdag 24-09-2010 om 12:57 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Wolfgang
Bornath:

> Yes, my favorite color (not only in IT and desktops) is blue and I
> don't mind a blue theme (Fedora is also blue), but it has to be a
> different blue than Mandriva, there must be a distinction.

This is a typical bike-shed discussion [1] but I would like to add that
when choosing a theme color, take into account psychological research
that says something about the effect of colors on performance [2].

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Avoid_Parkinson's_Bicycle_Shed_Effect

[2]
http://scienceblogs.com/cognitivedaily/2007/11/does_the_color_red_really_impa.php