[Mageia-discuss] Mageia's objectives and foundations

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri Sep 24 19:25:22 CEST 2010

> Well, it's not even a week now since the start. The founding group is
> putting together the board, it is working on the charta and statutes,
> it is working on the legal putting together of the organisation. That
> is their task at the moment.
>
> Anne gave as much information as necessary to inform everybody about
> the main causes and directions and she informed about the current work
> the founding group is working on. She also informed about the
> different sections, the planned structure as far as it is planned by
> now. Others are also giving informations and are communicating.
>
> If the members of this founding group would be listed somewhere
> everybody would send mails to them, no matter how many mailing lists
> there are or how many men-in-the-middle, because everybody would think
> his question/remark is wo important to be brought to the top people
> driectly.
>
> Result: they would either have to stop their work on the important
> points and spend their time answering mails. Or they would have to
> ignore the mails and carry on with their work. Both is not good.
>
> The chaotic situation we have here in some areas was to be expected.
> You can not expect a common discipline in an open environment like
> this in a situation where the basic rules of discipline and structure
> are just in the making.
>
> There's nothing you can do now except let the storm go on until these
> structures ar ein place and working, which is coming soon, also
> communicated by Anne just one day ago.
>
> wobo

Thanks for the answer. Then answers and replies from both sides
community and core group should show a little more patience and
constrant. It is just as frustrating to be told "As said several times
during these discussions: Yes they are." Some of the people are new to
the list and have not seen your message. There are also, as usual, a
group of mailist lurkers who read and do not respond to the mailist
threads.

As an example many of us are still unclear as to if you are part of the
core group as you seem to have the inside knowledge of the goings on.

There is the problem. There is nothing wrong with establishing a clearer
information protocol. Letting people know who the core organisers are is
less harmful than letting people wonder who is running the organizing.
Communication will never kill the project. Lack of communication ...
well ... we all remember Mandriva.

Being mailed directly is par for the course. Less impact if there was a
regular official Mageia rep. on the list to update the community that it
is trying to foster.

Marc