[Mageia-discuss] About decisions in Mageia

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 21:46:18 CEST 2010

Op vrijdag 24 september 2010 13:20:42 schreef Dimitrios Glentadakis:
[...]
> 2)  for many elements as logo, colors, names etc, there will be a poll (we
> have already the cooker's name poll), i think that some times the polls are
> not able to guide the distribution to its goal, and the decisions must be
> taken from the board team.
>
> My 2 cents

I completely agree, communities are great, but i think these stuff should be
advisable only, and we should get board members who can decide on these
things, because they are knowledgable in their own area.

I don't think the community should be disregarded by the board, but sometimes
the board should decide differently by the community because the community
doesn't know everything.