[Mageia-discuss] Mailist etiquette -- gentle reminder

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 21:53:34 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Gustavo Ariel Giampaoli
<giampaoli.gustavo at gmail.com> wrote:

> The truth is that we, as member of the Community, have kind of "moral
> dutty" and must to tell the newcomers "please, don't top-posting,
> please, don't quote the full original message".

How else can we sort out the noobs? And crush their spirit? 8)

Actually, if one feels the need to school somebody, at least do it via
private email if possible. The easiest way is a link to an "official"
page with a brief summary of expected mail-list protocol, which link
can be included in the confirmation message or even a click-through
for confirmation..

Then the list can spend time on the business at hand instead of style
and grammar issues and the ensuing flame wars.

--
Hoyt Duff