[Mageia-discuss] Some news about donations

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sat Sep 25 01:45:05 CEST 2010

> Hi Folks !
> I'm Elodie (aka DjeZAeL), the assistant treasurer of AUFML, and i set up
> the donation campaign.
>
> Here is the message of PayPal about the limitations.
>
> /*23 sep 2010: *PayPal exige des comptes relevant de la catégorie
> organisation caritative/à but non lucratif des informations
> supplémentaires sur leur organisation. Lors d'une étude récente,
> votre compte a été identifié comme relevant de cette classification.
> Sans réponse de votre part, nous pourrons restreindre l'accès à
> votre compte./
> /PayPal est légalement tenu de respecter les réglementations de
> l'Union européenne concernant le blanchiment d'argent, en collectant
> des informations auprès de ses utilisateurs lorsque ces derniers
> reçoivent des paiements d'un montant total supérieur à la limite
> définie./
> /Si vous avez des difficultés à suivre la procédure, n'hésitez pas à
> nous contacter
> <https://www.paypal.com/fr/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-phone>./
> /Nous vous remercions de votre confiance et vous prions de nous
> excuser pour tout désagrément éventuel./
>

> Here under, the limitations currently enforced on the Paypal account :
>
> Type de limite Montant de la limite Il reste Date de redéfinition
> Limite de paiement annuelle €1 500,00 EUR €1 500,00 EUR 21 sep 2011
> Limite de virement mensuelle €750,00 EUR €100,00 EUR
> Limite de virement annuelle €1 000,00 EUR €350,00 EUR 21 sep 2011
> Limite de réception annuelle €2 500,00 EUR €163,90 EUR 21 sep 2011
>

> We have already made a transfer of 650,00 EUR to the bank account of
> AUFML in order to have money immediately usable for Mageia.
>
> All the documents required by PayPal were already provided, they are
> being processed.
> I'm scanning the PayPal account thoroughly to raise the limits as soon
> as possible.
>

> Elodie (doing her best)
>

> PS: sorry if the paste are in French, the PayPal account is in French
> since AUFML and I are French ;) (and my english is not very good)

Merci Elodie des informations.

It sounds like they are just waiting for the proper documentation to
unlock the limits and that you have submitted the proper paperwork.

Part of the translation --> PayPal is legally responsible to the
European Union for the enforcement of regulations to prevent money
laundering. They are waiting for more documentation to unlock the limit. ...

As you say, you have provided the information and judging from your note
this is just a matter of time.

Thanks for helping out with the transfers. I imagine that even if you
withdrew the 650,00 Euro, that the limit is still almost reached and it
will be locked once we have reached that limit?

Still a good sign of the financial support the community is willing to give.

Marc