[Mageia-discuss] Mageia's strategy

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 26 18:51:38 CEST 2010

2010/9/26 david <david.naura at laposte.net>:
>  I am reading all posts, some very interesting on this new exciting project.
> But I think that as we say in french : "on met la charrue avant les boeufs".
> I think the first thing to do is to establish a strategy (which was not
> clear with mandriva): what are the goals, the values of mageia, who is the
> targeted public (newbies and/or people coming from windows and/or geeks
> and/or professionnals and/or ...), what will the communication vectors be,
> how do we want to stand facing concurrence and other distros and so on....
> Then you can choose/select logos, colors, window manager(s), software
> included in the distros, development of specific applications... depending
> on the answers to the previous questions.

As you can read in the Mageiea blog this is in the making. The basic
goals have been given in the announcement, details are being worked
on. The mailing lists, especially the general mageia-discuss is a mere
brainstorming where everybody give shis ideas and opinons, with no
real structure. The necessary structure is in the making, like the
i18n mailing lists. Coem structure, come real discussions which will
lead to results, gathering the current unstructured ideas and forming
them in the various sections.