[Mageia-discuss] Mageia's strategy

franck franckdoucet at orange.fr
Mon Sep 27 15:09:04 CEST 2010

Le lundi 27 septembre 2010 01:02:35, vfmBOFH a écrit :

> > Plus, we wouldn't use Mandriva if we don't like the way it works. So no
> > need to change to deb or make Gnome the primer Desktop Env. or stuff like
> > that

 I agree.

 I an informatic idiot,really, It's funny and anectotic but I installed my
first Linux a Mandrake 7.2 because I was unable to restart my Windows Me!
Nevertheless I have tested a lot of distrib and  I fav Mandriva for KDE and
MCC ( otherwise I have an Ubuntu on my second PC...)

> > In my opinion with this simple trippelisation you can arrange all kind of
> > home, business, school, multimedia, netbook ... structures you ever
> > imagine all with one Distro.

 for a time It was an Mandriva's installer option.
 A thing I would like is a simple way to active a "personnal cloud" (for
synchronise my mails, docs...) Zarafa and others are certainly a good solution
but a mess for a simply user.

> At the same time, i'm aware that it can be a too big break from the
> mageia's origins (in the meaning of system's scheme and organization). So,
> if we can progressively drive mageia to this new scheme sounds reasonable
> too.

 I wish it will be...  I am a bit affraid by some requests for a  "real Linux
for real hacker", for me it's more the Debian market place; I think well about
Debian... but I don't use it! ;)

 franck