[Mageia-discuss] Mageia with Synaptic

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Sep 28 01:16:50 CEST 2010

Le lundi 27 septembre 2010 à 22:24 +0000, Andre Machado a écrit :
> > Not sure if I get what this thread is about. APT and Synaptic are in
> > Mandriva repos.
>
> Wait, can apt-get and Synaptic be installed in Mandriva and be used without none
> extra configuration?

It uses to be working to the price aof a big patch.
Now, it doesn't compiles, and according to

http://lists.laiskiainen.org/pipermail/apt-rpm-laiskiainen.org/2010-May/000914.html

this would requires to rediff apt-rpm on git HEAD, and update the
patch. However, according the mail I linked, apt-rpm is unmaintained.

So I personally would not invest much time in it.

It was a nightmare 5 years ago when I maintained the rpm, I doubt this
changed much.

And so, since synaptic requires apt-rpm, if the second one is broken,
the first one would also break.

--
Michael Scherer