[Mageia-discuss] rpm or deb?

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 07:11:50 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Ireneusz Gierlach
<irek.gierlach at gmail.com> wrote:

> I Think that changing the package manager to anything other than rpm will
> require a serious change in the core of the distribution. It would also add
> a lot more work right off the start because of the new tools that would have
> to be created or incorporated into the project. But please don't get me
> wrong i'm not saying its not possible. I would love to (someday) see a
> distro which asks me during installation which type of package manager i
> want to include, with option "None" amongst many :)

Pretty much akin to suggesting that we switch to a BSD or the HURD
kernel (and I'm not suggesting that at all).

All are interesting ideas with some merit and no need to disparage any
ideas, but it's not a very frugal use of resources at this time.

--
Hoyt