[Mageia-discuss] South African User Community

Rory Albertyn rory.a at radiantnet.co.za
Tue Sep 28 12:21:27 CEST 2010

On 09/28/2010 10:13 AM, Thomas Lottmann wrote:
> Le 26/09/2010 22:50, Rory Albertyn a écrit :
>> Greetings,
>>
>> A South African user community has started. The IRC channel is
>> #mageia-za on freenode.
>>
>> I would like to thank those of you who assisted and would like to
>> request a mailing list and links on the website.
>>
>> ~ Rory (Gripen on Freenode)
>>
> Thank you very much!
>
> In fact, I think this would really be great and helpful to also
> support afrikaans and people from South Africa. :-)
>
> Skiper.

Work on the South African site has begun. mageia-za.org should have
propagated by now as well. I think  buddypress would work nicely as a
community site as it fits most of our needs. Any comments, constructive
criticism and input on this would be most welcome. It is a community
after all.

Skiper, Afrikaans will indeed be supported on par with English. French
translation could also be looked at for those speaking the language in
the Southern African regions too.

Once the Site is up, I'll be looking at potential mirrors for the ZA users.

~ Rory (Gripen on Freenode)