[Mageia-discuss] Package management system

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Sep 28 20:11:33 CEST 2010

Le mardi 28 septembre 2010 à 20:02 +0200, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Eden Caldas wrote:
>
> > Sorry if its been asked already.
> >
> > What will be the package management system? apt? yum? keep urpmi
> > (nooooooooooooooooo!) ?
>
> It's a Mandriva fork, we keep what is in Mandriva. The plan is to have
> a new release ready as soon as possible, not to make big changes which
> will add a lot of delays.

to be fair, yum is already in the repository, so does smart.
Apt-rpm is unmaintained, but if someone does the job of taking care of
it, it could also be.

And we also have poldek too, not sure about the status of this one.

So, for people who are not happy with the default, do not hesitate to
test others packages managers and report issues ( for example, yum does
requires specific indexes that we do not provides at mandriva, but we
could add them if required, i guess ).

--
Michael Scherer