[Mageia-discuss] Modern Simplistic Logo Proposal

Richard richard.j.walker at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 29 02:07:24 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 28 September 2010 22:06:39 Adrian Marcinkowski wrote:
> W dniu 2010-09-28 22:07, Rory Albertyn pisze:
> > http://www.mageia-za.org/mageia.jpg
>
> I do not like the font you used. It makes is difficult to read the name
> (especially the 'e' letter) and since Mageia is a non-English word, we
> should make the name visible at the first glance, without any doubts.

It looks like Magpid at first glance. I don't think it really matters what
language (if any) has Mageia as a word, nor indeed what language any reader
of the word may have as a mother tongue. Clarity is always vital in a trade
name's representation so I would suggest we stick with un-ornamented fonts or
at most a fairly traditional serifed pattern like Roman.

> Personally, I am (as are some other users) against using a decorated 'M'
> letter as our logo. We can develop something better, more unique.

Yes, we have too many Ms in the world; besides, Burger King might get
jealous:-)  On the other hand, a stylised M would fit well on a system
desktop button, especially a Menu button.

Richard