[Mageia-discuss] Will Mageia meet small businesses' needs?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Sep 29 11:35:52 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 29 septembre 2010 à 09:48 +0300, P. Christeas a écrit :
> On Wednesday 29 September 2010, Henri de Solages wrote:
> >
> > 1) Small businesses ...  I would prefer a system that JUST WORKS ...
>
> I second to the whole content of that email.

Well, nobody want a system that do not work.

> The requirements of a SME may be down-to-earth, not fancy or technologically
> extreme (as in, no 3D effects, no "smart" workspaces etc.), but can be the
> guide for a solid distribution.
> And they will bring in some money, too. (necessary for a distro to survive)

I doubt many SME will give money to a association, and my point of view
is that it is better to devote time than give money, as money tend to
change people mind ( "i give money so do what I say", or the issue
hilighted by Stormi Peters here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzyaM7VWqOg )

--
Michael Scherer