[Mageia-discuss] we need a NEW mageia-artwork MAILING LIST!!

Marcello Anni marcello.anni at alice.it
Wed Sep 29 16:11:54 CEST 2010

> > And once everything is cleared, if there is some logos left, then we
> > could proceed to a poll.
> >
> > But I think that a poll will open a lot of questions : who can express
> > their opinion, what guarantees will we have it to not be hijacked ( as
> > could doodle be ), how do we ensure a representative choice ?
> > Ie, if we ask on people on this list, are we sure to have a logo that
> > would please everyone else ? Do we want to ?
> >
> > --
> > Michael Scherer
>
> Is a poll really suitable in this case? I have the same feeling as you
> misc, I am not sure that the result will fit the perception/look and the
> image we want for this new distribution.
>
> I think there should be a closed group of people deciding wich is the right
> logo for Mageia. The choice should be done by the Board members since tey
> will be elected and thus represent the whole community.
>
> My 2 cents on that.
>

> Patrick Dubeau (alias DaaX) - Webmaster MLO
> http://www.mandrivalinux-online.org

i agree with micheal and patrick, it is better a choice made by elected
members in order to have a global vision of the project and avoid the issues
you highlighted.

> Michael Scherer a écrit:
> As I said in the past, we do not want to create a mailling list for
> every possible group on the wiki :
> 1) it complexifies administration
>
> 2) not everybody like to handle too much places where discussion happens
> ( ie, it can become a mess if we open 45 mailling lists )
>
> 3) too much separation will kill productive cross-team conversation
>
> So a ml will maybe be created, but we first need to see how everything
> will be articulated, and if the team prefer a ml or not, and what they
> need after that.

in fact we need to find a right balance between specific tasks (and needs to
coordinate) and avoid of fragmantation. i think artwork and promotion (instead
of announce, in order to not leave an empty ML to be used only twice a year)
ML could be created, if you're not agree, we can discuss it  in a further time
and now leave things as they're now (to not treat too many topics in the same
time).

cheers,
Marcello