[Mageia-discuss] Package management system

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:03:47 CEST 2010

On 29 September 2010 19:28, Robert Wood <robert.wood at apostrophe.co.uk> wrote:
> My take on this is that I would much rather download a large ISO because I
> often end up installing on multiple machines and it makes it much nicer and
> easier if there are a large number of packages at install time.

Biggest iso size = ~4.3GB; I don't think they should opt for
double-layer DVD's just yet, wouldn't you say? not everyone has a DL
DVD drive...

> One thing that puts me off trying Fedora is that they're all CD ISOs and I
> love that Mandriva does such a complete install with its DVD ISO.

FWIW Fedora has a DVD
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options#formats (one for 32bit
and one for 64bit).

P.S. Please don't top-post when sending emails to mailing lists:
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Mailing_lists_Etiquette_%28Rules%29#Bottom_Post

--
Ahmad Samir