[Mageia-discuss] [Mageia-dev] About Mandriva tools future : Host Mandriva tools on github

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Fri Oct 1 13:23:08 CEST 2010

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Fabrice Facorat wrote:

> This is about making some decisions about some tools. Some of the
> Mandriva tools have outdate UI, cluttered UI and even are sometimes
> buggy.
> The situation persists since many years already, so at some point we
> should ask ourself : are we going to rewrite them, notably the UI, to
> make them be more 2010, or should we use another tool with another
> GUI.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the GUI of the draktools.

If imrpoving them means to rewrite them from scratch or replace them
with inferior tools from other distros, then that would be a big effort
and/or step backwards just for the estetics.

Substance counts a lot more than appearance to me.

P.S: cc'ing in both cooker and mageia lists is not a good idea as many
people are not on both lists so the discussion will just split in two