[Mageia-discuss] Chinese translation for Mageia's page

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 15:09:11 CEST 2010

2010/10/1  <futureway at asia.com>:
> I have no other community now. And this is our community. You and I use the
> same native language -- Chinese, though we use different Chinese characters.
> (I don't mind if you use the traditional Chinse characters, and I also can
> read them because I am interested in ancient books.)
>
> "分叉" can be used as "a fork of a road", but "分支" is used as "a branch of a
> tree", right? However, "fork" also has a meaning "branch" in many
> dictionaries. There is another difficult word "hack", and it is also
> difficult to be exactly translated into Chinese.
>
> You can directly modify my Chinese translation (Skiper had sent it to the
> site), or put your Chinese translation on the site's front page. I wish to
> see a Chinese page in the site. :)
>
> Linux Lover

Hello,
Although some people can read both simplified and traditional Chinese
characters, there are users who have difficulty reading one of them,
either simplified or traditional.  I suggest no matter in any
circumstances, we should not use only simplified or traditional
Chinese translation to present a single "Chinese" page. Since you have
already made your translation, we can put both zh-CN and zh-TW pages
online for users of both different character forms.

Regards,

You-Cheng Hsieh