[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Mirror size

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Fri Oct 1 20:41:39 CEST 2010

* Tomasz Paweł Gajc (phenomenal at wp.pl) wrote:
> Dnia 2010-10-01, o godz. 03:32:29
> Olivier Thauvin <nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org> napisał(a):
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I did started to contact some people to find Tier1 mirrors. One
> > question come immediatelly: what will be the size of our mirror tree ?
>

> I'll try to ask my ISP(also my emplyer) which holds http://ftp.tpnet.pl/
> to be a primary mirror.

You can ask but I do think it is a bit too early.

I didn't took time to explain the plan for mirror but will do this
week-end.

The harder work is to find Tier1 mirrors, eg mirrors syncing directly
from our server. They should:
- provide rsync server
- provide the full tree (even it is big)
- being able to reply quickly in case of problem
- still able to provide the service in few years

When theses mirrors will be found it will possible to setup others
mirrors.

However, if ftp.tpnet.pl can do this, feel free to ask. Expected tree
size: 700GB, expected average bandwidth: 40mbs/s.

At time only distrib-coffee has been elected to be Tier1 :)

--

Olivier Thauvin
CNRS  -  LATMOS