[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Mirror size

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Sat Oct 2 16:27:00 CEST 2010

On Saturday 02 October 2010 13:21:56 Olivier Blin wrote:
> Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula at iki.fi> writes:
> > On Friday 01 October 2010 13:46:36 Olivier Blin wrote:
> >> BTW, we could also consider migrating to a PLF-like tree structure,
> >> which looks better structured:
> >>
> >> media/
> >>
> >>   main/
> >>
> >>     release/
> >>
> >>       binary/
> >>
> >>         noarch/
> >>         arch1/
> >>         arch2/
> >>
> >>       debug/
> >>
> >>         arch1/
> >>         arch2/
> >>
> >>       source/
> >>
> >>     testing/

> >>     updates/

> >>     backports/
> >>
> >>   contrib/

> >>   non-free/

> > The problem with that layout is that it doesn't really work well with
> > media.cfg, so we'd need changes in the format as well if this layout is
> > chosen.
> >
> > (think where to place media.cfg and what it would contain)
>
> media.cfg would still be in media/media_info

It can't, as media.cfg is per-arch.

Of course changing the format (making it noarch, containing arch-specific
subsections or something) is an option, but one couldn't use the distrib tree
with older releases, then.

> PLF is already using a similar layout with no issue, what would be the
> problem exactly?

They are currently using a hacky approach; there is a *second* tree that is
more mandriva-like and only contains media.cfg files (which in turn causes
other problems on devel->stable migration as they are referencing the distro
version in the repository paths (think
"../../../../realtree/cooker/foo/media_faa")).

--
Anssi Hannula