[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Sat Oct 2 22:20:10 CEST 2010

 02.10.2010 18:22, Remco Rijnders kirjutas:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 03:13:27PM +0000, André Machado wrote:
>
> * Mageia 2011.0 ?
> * Mageia 2001.1 ?
> * Mageia 11.01 ? :D
> * Mageia 1.0 ?
20xx.0 -> 20xx.1 is perfect. Tho' 20xx.0 should be released at spring time and 20xx.1 later
the same year. At the moment it doesn't make sense and many friends have asked why is 20xy
released in 20x(y-1).
> How about instead of using 0 or 1, use the month number instead? So, .3
> for a release made in March. That way we are always "up to date" and can
> allow for release schedules slipping or having a 3rd release within a year
> if needed / fitting.
Such versioning is bad. It forces you into time limit like it is with Ubuntu. And i don't
like it. When the release needs to be delayed it's better to do so. Not to push it out and
then land loads of fixes on it like has happened to Ubuntu. Also you don't have to remember
which month it was released in year 2008. Was it 2008.3 or 2008.5?

--
Sander