[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Sat Oct 2 23:35:10 CEST 2010

"Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> writes:

> On Saturday 02 October 2010, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>  from Richard <richard.j.walker at ntlworld.com> who wrote:
>
>>  the most important thing is to get a good stable working Mageia 2011.0
>
> Given past experience with the x.0 releases of Mandrake/Mandriva perhaps we
> should start counting releases with x.1 ?

How about we give up the x.0 and x.1 release naming?
It's just helping to give misconceptions about the releases, for example
that x.1 releases are more polished than y.0, which was never intended.

We could go with a Fedora like naming, incremental numbering.
Mageia 1, Mageia 2, Mageia 3, ...

--
Olivier Blin - blino