[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

chag chagam at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 10:51:38 CEST 2010

Le 03/10/2010 10:36, Morgan Leijström a écrit :
> Den 2010-10-02 23:26:19 skrev Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI:
>

>> I question whether we should be iron-bound to a fixed number, of
>> whether we should wheel out a new release when it is ready and fit for
>> consumption.
>>
> I agree.
>
> First, i do not like date-named versions at all.
>
> Why not just increment the number each release.
> Mageia 1, Mageia 2 etc ?
>
> Second, releases should be stable!
>
> So goals should be set for "next version" but not carved in stone.
> For example if KDE6 still is not stable when Mageia is sheduled for release
> including KDE6 it should either be delayed until stable, changed to stable
> version and released.  And task-upgradet-KDE6 in testing, and when stable in
> backport.

I think named versions is not so bad. In France, there's a car company
called peugeot and their cars are called 207, 307, 407, and so on.
Honestly what do you prefer :

I have a 307 and it's cool !
I have a Plymouth fury and it's cool

(ok, i didn't used the twingo as an example)

To stop joking, I think there's a real interest about named version.
when you search on the web for a specific probleme for your specifiec
release, the results are more acurate. try to search things with
keywords "mandriva 2009" and try with "ubuntu lucid"

Chag

--
"Ca ne marche pas" ne veut rien dire. Alors ne dites rien (ou développez !)
"it doesn't work" means nothing. So, say nothing (or say more !)