[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

André Machado afmachado at dcemail.com
Sun Oct 3 13:46:36 CEST 2010

> My wishlist is about graphics interface.
> If it is too late for designing a new theme (or improve iaora), we should use
> oxygen for KDE, and pack oxygen-molecule GTK theme for KDE integration.
> And about Gnome, we should use their base theme (forget the name)

Apart versioning, my wishlist includes:

a) Erase Numlock service. Guys, that thing sucks!

b) Offer support to dial-up softmodens. Many Brasilian distros offer it, but is
a polemical point, since that many softmodens drivers (like PCTEL HSP56MR) are
covered by a proprietary license. Despite ADSL-like connections increase, too
many people still using dial-up connections nowadays and is know that Linux
distros forgot this  hardware compatibility.

c) Improve installation on Virtualbox (bootmanager install).

d) No survey at install time!

e) No desktop icons to upgrade to paid Mageia Enterprise Professional PowerPack
Gold Deluxe Edition!

More with time.

Reguards.