[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Morgan Leijström fri at tribun.eu
Sun Oct 3 17:20:14 CEST 2010

Den 2010-10-03 15:56:41 skrev Robert Wood:
> On 03/10/10 14:09, Tux99 wrote:
> > Hmm, so we could make everyone happy by using an numbered version plus a
> > nickname (just like Ubunbtu does).

Maybe names in alphabetical order,
-so the name also functions as the enumeration itself;

Arthur
Beatrice
Ceasar

Or maybe use non-personal names, alpabetically

Ash (rising from it now ;) )
Bush (coming from the wild...?)
Cement (OK now the base is stable?)
Destiny (heading there...)

Or periodical system by atom number

Hydrogen
Helium

> As long as the names are not the horrible, kitsch and embarrassing style
> names that Canonical use!

One extra step is to check with all communities that name does not mean
something bad in any language or some persons name that some people hate, or
is name of their god, hell, whatever.
Periodical system should be easily OK i think...